If you are current on your mortgage and have been unable to obtain a traditional refinance because the value of your home has declined, you may be eligible to refinance through HARP. HARP is designed to help you refinance into a new affordable, more stable mortgage. The HARP loan is a new loan and will require a loan application and underwriting process. Loan refinance fees will apply.
You may be eligible to apply if you meet all of the following:
- You have a mortgage owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
- You do not have an FHA, VA or USDA loan.
- You are current on your mortgage payments and have not been more than 30 days late making a payment over the last year.
- Have a first mortgage not exceeding 125 percent of the current market value of your home.
- The refinance will improve the long-term affordability or stability of your mortgage.
- You have the ability to make the new payments.
*Eligibility criteria are for guidance only. Contact your mortgage servicer to see if you qualify for HARP.
The HARP program is offered by many servicers. Homeowners should check with their mortgage servicer (the company to which homeowners make their mortgage payments) to determine if they are participating in HARP. If their mortgage servicer is not participating, the homeowner may contact other lenders that participate in HARP to determine if they are eligible for a refinance.
Steps to HARP Refinance
- Determine whether your mortgage is owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac by visiting their respective Loan Lookup tools.
- Contact Joe Wagner at 612-327-4544.
Have questions about a Fannie Mae HARP Loan? Call Joe Wagner at 612-327-4544. It's his job to answer lending questions, so he is happy to help! We know you're busy, so feel free to complete the form below to be contacted by Joe Wagner.
Serving all of Minnesota.
Anoka MN, Apple Valley MN, Bemidji MN, Boundary Waters MN, Brainerd MN, Bloomington MN, Coon Rapids MN, Crow Wing County MN, Dakota County MN, Bloomington MN, Eden Prairie MN, Gull Lake MN, Hennepin County MN, Hopkins MN, Lakeville MN, Lake Mille Lacs MN, Lake Minnetonka MN, Lake Nokomis MN, Lake Pepin MN, Lake Vermilion MN, Lake Winnibigoshish MN, Leech Lake MN, Maplewood MN, Mendota Heights MN, Mound MN, Orono MN, Red Lake MN, Richfield MN, Rosemount MN, Savage MN, St Louis Park MN, White Bear Lake MN, Wright County MN.